- Malaysian citizen
- Age 40 or younger
- Basic degree
- Student pursuing postgraduate degrees are encouraged to apply
One aspect that sets US apart from other cancer related institutions is its commitment to the discovery of cures or treatment for cancer.
Its investments are long term and in the best researchers in the country who demonstrate the most potential to succeed at the highest level. As the thought of cancer often instills great fear and is perceived as fatal, MAKNA aspires to take on the challenge to change this perception and to give hope to cancer patients.
Our Research Mission and Objectives
OUR RESEARCH MISSION - “We must prevent cancer initiation whenever possible, eliminate it in early stages when it does occur, and help cancer patients live with, rather than die from, the disease ”
|UNDERSTAND THE CANCER||CONDUCT FUNDAMENTAL RESEARCH|
|IMPROVE DETECTION METHODS||PREVENTION OF CANCER|
|DEVELOP BETTER TREATMENT||ELIMINATE CANCER|
DEVELOPMENT AND COLLABORATIONS
The research projects are far undertaken have been in collaboration with various institutions of higher learning. The fund which will be provided by MAKNA to the project should be seen as a collaborative framework among MAKNA and the Institutions.
The Aim of the MAKNA Cancer Research Collaboration is to promote cancer research among local scientists.
- MAKNA and UPM – Cancer Research Laboratory (read more)
- MAKNA and USM on development of phyto-nutraceuticals with immuno modulartory properties (read more)
- Research collaboration between MAKNA and HUKM on development of leukimia vaccines (read more)
- MAKNA, UPM and USM on development of broad spectrum cancer vaccines (read more)
- MAKNA and IMR on Malaysian Morrow Donor Registry (read more)
- MAKNA and Academy Science Malaysia on MAKNA Cancer Research Award (read more)
- MAKNA and UPM on ‘Carcinogen in Heat Processes Foods in Malaysia’. Project conducted by Prof. Dr. Jinap Selamat (read more)
- Unit Kanser MAKNA-USM (UKMU), at Pusat Klinikal, IPPT Kepala Batas, USM Penang (read more)
- MAKNA-UPM Cancer Research Laboratory (MATCH), at Institute of Bioscience, UPM Serdang (read more)
- MAKNA and USM on ‘Kesengsaraan Berganda – Kemiskinan dan Kanser: Satu Tinjauan dan Cadangan ke Arah Tindakan’(read more)
Cancer Research Award plays an important role towards giving an avenue for local researchers and thus contributing to the ultimate aim of alleviating pain and suffering of cancer victims locally and globally. Read more about the application procedure and apply for cancer research award.
- RM10,000.00 to RM30,000.00 award for each project
- RM100,000.00 per year
- Awards cannot be used to purchase equipment and to employ salaried personnel
- The project must be carried out in Malaysia and completed within 2 years duration
Cancer awareness, talks and exhibitions
Our Cancer Awareness and Education team has been spreading messages about cancer for many years now. The team accepts requests to speak about cancer, conduct breast self examinations and put on educational presentations and exhibitions to increase the understanding of cancer.
To maintain our exhibitions’ appeal, new materials that can boost the understanding of cancer are consistently upgraded and added. Currently, there is a variety of exhibition packages that can be selected or even tailored to the wishes of clients. The charitable act of donating packages to deserving groups or communities of the client’s choice is also possible.