- Assist with the development and execution of MAKNA’s media strategy across all media, including press, broadcast and publications to raise MAKNA’s profile and activities.
- Conceive, write and edit content for a variety of channels, including website, news feed, newsletter and other print publications. Maintains consistency in wording, branding and messaging across all communications to ensure MAKNA is appropriately represented.
- Provide key assistance to the development of executive communications, including press releases, speeches, and provides support for crisis communications management and preparation.
- Target media to place stories about MAKNA. Pitch stories, answer media inquiries and cultivate relationships with reporters.
- Manage the organisation’s media database, ensuring it’s up-to-date and appropriately targeted.
- Monitor and report on media coverage. Provide internal clip reports and re-share relevant stories to MAKNA’s followers via social media.
- Manage the development and production of quarterly print materials such as newsletters, brochures, corporate presentations, donor retention materials, annual reports, etc.
- Collaborate with department staff in the drafting and editing of marketing materials (ads, brochures, etc.).
- Mentoring and coaching junior staff as necessary.
- Bachelors degree in related field and have a minimum of 5 years in public relations, media relations, corporate communications or related function.
- Strong ability to prioritise multiple tasks, including ‘big picture’ and detailed issues, and remain flexible when faced with short or changing timelines.
- Excellent written communication skills in English, preferably in Bahasa Malaysia as well. A compelling writing style and an ability to target messaging to diverse audiences. Excellent proof-reading and copy editing skills.
- A self-starter with a proactive approach, able to work independently but effectively within a team setting.
- Flexible thinker. Excellent analytical, problem solving and strategic planning skills.
- An excellent team player – collaborative in approach; experience of working in partnership with others to achieve solutions.
Candidates are invited to write-in or email by submitting a resume with expected salary and 1 recent passport-sized photograph (n.r) to:
Mr. Vemanna Appannah at firstname.lastname@example.org
MAKNA (NATIONAL CANCER COUNCIL)
BG 03A & 05, Ground Floor
225, Jalan Ampang
50450 Kuala Lumpur