Discover what it is like to work for MAKNA, an established home-grown social enterprise striving for excellence in helping cancer patients regardless of race, creed, colour and station.
MAKNA is an established home-grown social enterprise striving for excellence in providing comprehensive, multi-faceted services to help cancer patients. We are seeking a suitable candidate to fill the position of Graphic cum Web Developer. The candidate must have a passion for web programming and creative graphic design and for building a career in a not-for-profit, social enterprise environment.
As such, MAKNA is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of Graphic cum Web Developer (Executive)
- Candidate must possess a Diploma/Degree in Information Technology/Computer Science/Graphics Design/IT Multimedia related studies with minimum 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Well versed in HTML, CSS, WordPress CMS, Bootstrap, Adobe software and tools.
- Experience in other Content Management Systems (CMS) would be an advantage.
- Knowledgeable in best practices in UI/UX in both desktop and mobile platforms.
- Ability to illustrate and visualize ideas and turn them into polished mock-ups and storyboards.
- Ability to work with other or across departments in executing application development, creative ideas or in providing input.
- Innovative in researching new creative ideas, software or technologies.
- Able to think out of the box and develop good creative concepts.
- Able to understand NPO/social enterprise market needs and apply creative skills practically.
- Skills in photography or video production would be an advantage.
- Team player, organised, and good communication skills, both verbal and written, in English and local languages/dialects would be an advantage.
• Design, modify and update the organisation’s main website and assorted communications materials.
• Equipped with skill sets to design, and develop in HTML and CSS.
• Knowledgeable in best practices in UI/UX in both desktop and mobile platforms.
• Ability to illustrate and visualize ideas and turn them into polished mock-ups and storyboards.
• Assist with the planning and production of MAKNA publications, presentations and sales & marketing materials, for external and internal use, including for management communications.
• Have a flair for using images and text to communicate information and ideas with practical experience in developing concepts, graphics, layouts for a variety of mediums including but not limited to newsletters, email bulletins, manuals, merchandise, reports, websites, social media, campaigns, events etc.
• Ability to work with other or across departments in executing creative ideas or in providing input.
• Innovative in researching new creative ideas, software or technologies.
• Skills in photography or video production would be an advantage.
• Other duties as assigned.
Closing date for application is 18 March 2016.
Candidates are invited to write-in or email us a resume with expected salary and 1 recent passport-sized photograph (n.r) to:
Miss Ng Yoke Leng at email@example.com
Majlis Kanser Nasional (MAKNA) BG 03A & 05, Ground Floor,
Megan Ambassy No 225, Jalan Ampang, 50450 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603-2162 9178
Fax: +603-2162 9203