Our halfway houses provide short-term accommodation for patients and their caregivers travelling away from home for treatment.
Our halfway houses are free-of-charge and located close to government hospitals which provide radiotherapy or chemotherapy services. Patients can have a comfort stay to rest after undergoing the treatment without having to worry about the cost of travel.
Procedure for MAKNA Halfway House
As of now, there are a total of six MAKNA halfway houses located across Malaysia;
- Villa Gauhar, Johor. (Hospital Sultan Ismail or Hospital Sultanah Aminah)
- Villa Mutiara, Penang. (Institut Perubatan & Pergigian Termaju (USM) or Hospital Seberang Jaya)
- Villa Kilatan, Kelantan. (Hospital Universiti Sains Malaysia (HUSM))
- Villa Bayu, Sabah. (Hospital Wanita & Kanak-kanak Sabah)
- Villa Kenyalang, Sarawak. (Hospital Umum Sarawak)
- Villa Farul, Putrajaya. (Institut Kanser Negara)
Patients need to complete an application form for a stay at the halfway house from the Medical Social Welfare Department (MSW) of the hospital.
MSW officers will inform MAKNA halfway house supervisors.
Patients need to bring the application form during check-in.